Tuesday 6 November 2012

Prologue

I am Jake, 23 year old student creepy unemployed guy from Finland whose passion is to see the world, meet new people and learn about different cultures. After volunteering more or less diligently for a few weeks in Cape Town, it's time to let my hair down and chilax. A week from now, I will leave my job in Cape Town, wait for one of my friends from Finland to join me and start likely mind blowing journey, towards north to Malawi and Tanzania.

Our travel route is not yet set in stone, but the plan is to start from Cape Town, travel via Windhoek (Namibia), Livingstone (Zambia), Lusaka (Zambia), Lilongwe (Malawi), Nkhata Bay (Malawi), Mwanza (Tanzania), Zanzibar (Tanzania) to finally Dar Es Salam, capital of Tanzania, from where our flight back to Finland departs around 6 weeks from now. Our goal is to not to take any commercial flights, but to only use local transportation to ensure that we experience and see as much of the African scenery and culture as possible. The whole journey is going to be around 6000 kilometers and take us through 5 countries in forty days.

I'm not sure how often we will have access to Internet, but I'll try to update this blog as often as humanly possible. I intend to write about  my personal experiences as well as provide useful information for possible future travelers and people who generally enjoy educating themselves about the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment